RES course syllabus is prepared in the context of laws in Singapore governing real estate agency work and shall focus on sale and lease transactions involving residential, commercial and industrial properties located in Singapore. However, the syllabus does not include laws or regulations of other countries governing transactions of foreign properties and real estate salespersons are advised to be familiar of such laws or regulations when advising their clients in foreign properties transactions.
The RES course syllabus is designed to ensure real estate salespersons meet the expectations required of them:
- Have good knowledge of the concepts of real estate and agency practice;
- Have a basic knowledge of the legal requirements and laws governing property transactions and real estate agency work;
- Have a basic knowledge of the terminology and concepts of real estate sale and leasing and the need to comply with the requirements of the law;
- Understand the requirements of the Estate Agents Act 2010 and subsidiary legislation including Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, and of the Council for Estate Agencies (CEA); and
- Be able to handle typical property transactions effectively and in compliance with the law, government policies, rules and CEA’s prescribed regulations and practice guidelines.
Paper 1 – Basic Real Estate Concept and Law
Unit 1 – Real Estate Agency Industry Overview
Unit 2 – Basic Concepts of Real Estate
Unit 3 – Laws Governing Estate Agency Practice and Real Estate Transactions
Paper 2 – Real Estate Salespersons Practice and Regulations
Unit 4 – Marketing and Customer Services
Unit 5 – Estate Agents Act 2010 and Estate Agency Practice
Unit 6 – Sales of HDB Properties
Unit 7 – Sales of Private Properties
Unit 8 – Lease of HDB and Private Properties
RES Course Application
- Interested applicant must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Minimum 4 GCE ‘O’ level or Equivalent
* Individuals who are unable to meet these criteria will be required to take the Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) assessment administered by WDA. A WPLN (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing and Numeracy) Level 5 will be recognised in lieu of 4 GCE “O” level passes. Click here for more details on WPLN.
Course fee is $738.00 for individual. Click here learn how to enjoy $369.00
Group & Corporate discount applicable. Terms & Conditions apply.
Please contact us for more information.
* All fee quoted do not include Examination fee & GST
Total 17 Lessons for 3 hrs training session for day/evening classes
Total 9 lessons for 6 hrs training session for day classes
- NRIC (front and back) ; and
- Highest Educational Qualification (minimum 4 credit GCE ‘O’ Level (at least C6) / LOCAL Degree or Diploma, Overseas Degree & Diploma, we will need to send in your qualification to CEA for Assessment.
- Course payment can be made via our company online business Paypal system or registered personally or mail payment cheque payable to Pioneer Training & Consultancy Pte Ltd to 18 Boon Lay Way, #09-115 TradeHub21, Singapore 609966. No cash payment is allowed.
- Click here For Course Schedule & Registration
- Certificate of Attendance will be issue to course participants who fulfill a minimum of 75% Attendance.
- Course participants must register with CEA’s appointed Exam Administrators listed below and pass the RES examination within 2 years from the date of issuance of the Certificate of Completion of RES Course.
CEA’s appointed Exam Administrators
2 papers each (2 ½ hours per paper)
- Paper 1: 70 MCQs and 15 short answer questions (100 marks)
- Paper 2: Part I: 60 MCQs (carries 60 marks)
Part II: 60 MCQs (max 40 marks)
- Modular passing will be allowed.
- Candidates will be allowed to retake only their failed Paper from August 2011
Examination Schedule & Fees
- Examination will be held on the 2nd weekend (Sat – Paper 1 & Sun – Paper 2) of every month.
- Examination fee is $246.10 per candidate and $149.80 for each retake Examination Paper. All fees are inclusive of GST.
- Candidates are advise to check with CEA appointed Examination Administartors for latest update.